Lorne Park Air conditioning repair service and maintenance of Air conditioners and HVAC cooling .
Call (905) 403-9914
Air conditioning repair and service of all types of heating and cooling systems in Lorne Park Mississauga Ontario.
For fast professional air conditioning repair and service call us to schedule an AC repair appointment.
We have been servicing the Lorne Park areas for 30 years. Our licensed Technicians are well known to the community as a very reliable source for heating and air conditioning services as well as gas furnace repairs and installation. (905) 403-9914
CALL (905) 403-9914
Lorne Park shares a common history with Clarkson. Before the arrival of the Europeans, all the land that today comprises Lorne Park belonged to the Mississaugas.
On September 5, 1806, the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and the Crown signed the Head of the Lake Purchase, in which the Mississaugas ceded 70,784 acres of land bounded by the Toronto Purchase of 1787 in the east, the Brant Tract in the west, and a northern boundary that ran 6 mi (9.7 km) back from the shoreline of Lake Ontario.
In return for the land, the Mississaugas were to receive £1000 of trade goods and the sole right of fisheries at 12 and 16 Mile Creeks along with the possession of each creek’s flats. In addition, the Mississaugas also reserved the sole right of fishing at the Credit River and were to retain a 1 mi (1.6 km)-mile strip of land on each of its banks. These rights lasted until February 8, 1820, when with the signing of a set of two treaties, these lands were also ceded to the Crown.
Out of these sales many small communities quickly developed. Clarkson and the area that would become Lorne Park were founded along the shores of Lake Ontario. The first european settler in the Clarkson-Lorne Park area was Thomas Ingersoll, who established the Government Inn and trading post on the Credit River in 1798.
The city of Mississauga, where Lorne Park is now located, was once known as Toronto Township, and comprised several towns and villages. The first settlements developed around factories, harbours, or other local businesses. The larger of these rural communities were Clarkson, Cooksville, Erindale, Meadowdale, Malton, Port Credit and Streetsville.
Many smaller villages also sprung up near the larger towns. These include Barberton, Britannia, Burnhamthorpe, Derry West, Elmbank, Frogmore, Hanlan, Harris’ Corners, Hawkins’ Corners, Lisgar, Lorne Park, Mount Charles, Palestine, Pucky's Huddle, Sheridan and Summerville. The villages prospered until the arrival of the railroads in the late 19th century. The rise of the Industrial age prompted rapid urban growth and a steady economic and population decline in many rural Ontario communities. By 1915 most of the villages, now referred to as the "lost villages" of Mississauga, disappeared. Except for a few cemeteries, little is left to record their existence.
In 1820, a log road was built from the mouth of the Credit River to the Humber River, followed shortly by a bridge that enabled travelers going from York to Hamilton to pass through Clarkson and attracted more settlers. By the 1830 logging was a major industry in Lorne Park. Most of the pine wood was exported to England and the United States.
Over the early part of the 20th century Lorne Park grew into a unique community. In 1887, Joseph Thompson bought 35 ha (86 acres) of land in Lorne Park which became known as Thompson's Wood, now called Jack Darling Park. Thompson's brother Ernest Seton lived there until the home was lost in foreclosure. Ernest left, changed his name to Ernest Thompson Seton and achieved fame as an author and artist. The Lorne Park Post Office opened in 1892 and George D. Perry was the village's first postmaster. James Alberton built the three-story Albertonia Hotel in 1899. In 1927, it was renamed the Lorne Park Lodge but burned down two years later in 1929.
The Lorne Park Mission Hall was built in 1902. It featured an open porch and a bell tower on the roof. The first library was organized by sawmill owner Robert Taylor in 1903. The first library meeting was held in January, 1904, in the Lorne Park Mission Hall. Reverend H. Thompson officiated over the first Anglican services in 1906, also held at the Lorne Park Mission Hall. St. Paul's Anglican Church was built in 1914. The Lorne Park Baptist Church was founded Sunday, May 18, 1919, in the Lorne Park Mission, with Reverend J. Williamson presiding.
At some point a 30 ha (74 acres) "pleasure grounds," was operated in Lorne Park by the Toronto Park Association, included separate parlours for men and women, bowling lanes and merry-go-rounds. Travel to the resort from Toronto was often by steamer. After a series of bankruptcies, the resort lands were sold to cottagers. With access of the QEW highway, suburbanization of the original lands and surrounding area ensued in the post WWII period. (Brown, 1997 Toronto's Lost Villages)
For the next half century, Lorne Park remained a small burg, until 1968 when it, along with several other villages, was amalgamated to form the town of Mississauga. Six years later, Mississauga was incorporated and now is Canada's 6th largest city. Even though Lorne Park was absorbed into Mississauga, it remained a distinct neighborhood.
Lorne Park Estates
Lorne Park Estates is a 31 ha (77 acres) community, south of Lorne Park, located within the City of Mississauga. It is bordered by Lake Ontario on the south, Lakeshore Road on the north, Jack Darling Park on the west and Richard's Memorial Park on the East. Lorne park, is the closest commercial service area for residents of Lorne Park Estates.
LPEA Homeowners are responsible for municipal taxes and upkeep of the LPEA lands, and are also co-operatively responsible for the maintenance, insurance and taxes on their 15 ha (37 acres) reserve; including their roads, forests, walking trails, a cottage, a private park and amenities area (the 'Commons') and their 0.8 km (0.5 mi) of private beaches with riparian rights.
There are only 2 roads into Lorne Park Estates and they are clearly marked as "private" as they are dually privately maintained and privately owned by the Lorne Park Estates Association. These private roads are for the exclusive use of only the residents within the estates, and their invited guests. These privately maintained roads in the community are narrow, uncurbed and with no sidewalks as this is the common preference of their exclusive community.